Sunday, September 7, 2008

Austin and Beyond: Live Music in September.


I consider myself to be an avid fan of music.  I research exciting new bands, I buy tons of music, whether it be digital or hard copy, and I love to go out and see live music.  Fortunately here in Austin, the live music capital of the world, there is no shortage of bands that I would like to check out.  The month of September does not disappoint on the live music front.  
Here are a few of the shows I am excited about this month.  

Sept. 8th:  Woodgrain at the Parlor.  (all-instrumental heavy outfit)
Sept. 12th:  Las Damas at Hot Mama's Espresso.  (this is my band, so i'd better show up!)
                     The Whigs and Tokyo Police Club at Emo's (The Whigs rule!)
Sept. 13th:  Dr. Dog at the Parish.  (Takes you back to a simpler time)
Sept. 20th:  Pinback at the Mohawk.  (Mellow math rock)
Sept. 21st:  Ani DiFranco at Stubbs.  (an old favorite)
Sept. 24th:  Stereolab and Atlas Sound at La Zona Rosa
Sept. 25th:  Summer Wardrobe, The Breathers and Tribella at Lovejoys.
Sept. 27th:  Tribella and Girl in a Coma at Fitzgerald's in Houston.
Sept. 28th:  ACL Fest and Conor Oberst at La Zona Rosa.


No comments: