Tuesday, March 16, 2010

SXSW Music: Day 1



The time is here.  SXSW 2010.
I am going to be out there full-force absorbing all I possibly can. 
Here are some of my picks for Wednesday:

First, I'm going to try to catch The Walkmen, one of my favorites, play at the IFC House on 7th & Brazos.  If I don't make that, I can still catch them at the solid NPR showcase at Stubbs at 8:45.

Other daytime picks:

Toro Y Moi at the Mohawk @ 1:15.
Japandroids at Emo's @ 2:15 or Warpaint at Mohawk @ 2.  But, there will be plenty of time to catch both of these bands, because they are playing tons. 
At 3pm I could head over to The Galaxy Room to see Freelance Whales.
Then, We Were Promised Jetpacks over at the Fader Fort @ 3:45.
If I can tear myself away from the Fader Fort, I'll check out The Besnard Lakes (4:20) and Phantogram (4:45) @ the Mohawk.
5pm:  Frightened Rabbit at The Galaxy Room or Choir of Young Believers @ the Pure Volume House. 
6pm:  Freelance Whales @ the Fort or Tribella @ Shakespeare's.

BREAK TIME!

At 8:45, I will travel to Stubbs to check out The Walkmen (again). 
9pm:  Here We Go Magic at Club DeVille.
10pm:  Fanfarlo at The Galaxy Room.
11pm:  Broken Bells @ Stubb's, Bowerbirds @ Club DeVille or We Were Promised Jetpacks @  The Parish. 
12am:  Califone @ Club DeVille, Warpaint @ Emo's, Frightened Rabbit @ the Parish or Spoon @ Stubb's.
1am:  Sixteen Deluxe @ Encore, Surfer Blood @ Wave Rooftop or the Morning Benders @ Emo's.

I would also like to stop by the Fleadh St. Patrick's Day Party @ the old Fader Fort location for some traditionally poured Guinness on draft. 
Also, The British Music Biz parties at Latitude 30 on San Jacinto are always fun. 

No comments: