Monday, December 15, 2008

SXSW 2009


I know. SXSW 2009 is three months away, but i'm already getting ants in my pants in anticipation of my own adult Disneyland, as my friend Kimberly calls it. Plus, this freezing weather has got me dreaming of March. I've been scouring the internet for some tasty tidbits. Here is what I found.
SXSW announced the first round of official bands a few weeks ago. Here's the list:
Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele
St. Vincent
Beach House
Anni Rossi
Future of the Left
White Lies
Passion Pit
B.o.B
Sage Francis


Some other bands that are playing (unofficially, so far):
These Arms Are Snakes, Past Lives, Human Highway, Cotton Jones, The Coathangers and Youth Group. This info comes via donewaiting.com, an excellent blog for all things South by Southwest.

Also, Ana over at Austin Soundcheck confirms that Liverpool duo Dirtblonde will be making an appearance at SXSW 2009.

I will be posting updates as I find them.

No comments: